Friday, January 15, 2010

Not actually my post for the week (go farther down!)...

...just something cool that my dad wrote to me in a letter. Thought I'd share.

"Elder Gonzalez spoke in Priesthood Session of October General Conference and mentioned how Lemuel made the mistake of following Laman's lead because he 'knew not the dealings of that God who had created them' (1 Nephi 2:12). In other words, he didn't understand the doctrine...I was prompted to consider not only Laman and Lemuel/Nephi and Sam as the wicked/righteous brothers, but Laman and Nephi/Lemuel and Sam as the leaders/followers...[Teaching] correct doctrine and helping [to] apply it in their lives can turn Lemuels into Sams and maybe even Sams into Nephis."

Thanks, Dad.

1 comment:

  1. Your post from last week was great. I also really appreciate you posting this little tidbit. made my day :)

    -tommy

    ReplyDelete