Monday, January 25, 2010

sorta random thought

In his telling-off of Pahoran, Moroni says, "For were it not for the wickedness which first commenced at our head, we could have withstood our enemies that they could have gained no power over us" (Alma 60:15). This illustrated to me, somewhat conversely, the importance of having integrity and being righteous when in a position of influence. It's somewhat sobering to realize how far-reaching the consequences of my decisions can be--I can be a source of strength and inspiration or the cause of great suffering.

That prospect motivates me even more to choose the right. Who wants to cause other people that much pain? In fact, I can see that idea keeping me on the right path when I might otherwise slip off. I wonder if that's one reason that Heavenly Father gives us leadership opportunities. See the Quaker proverb again.
EYN

No comments:

Post a Comment